A warm welcome back to alumni of Sheffield University Management School (SUMS)!
All of our former students, whether you graduated 30 years ago or last year, become SUMS alumni for life. You would certainly be mistaken for thinking that once you have graduated you have left the School - not true. In fact, you are now instantly a part of our alumni community that exceeds 12,000 members - and counting! You are forever part of the School's history, and your identity is intertwined with ours. This means that you share a special connection with a rich and diverse population; in your daily activity, at work or play, you remain a key part of our global reputation.
Alumni can help one another in a number of ways, including:
1. Sharing business and networking contacts.
2. Making introductions into new industries.
3. Pitching and supporting business and entrepreneurial ventures, concept to delivery.
4. Providing a current student with an internship, short-term placement or company project.
5. Friendship networks; especially if working outside the UK can be of great support.
6. Mentor a new graduate embarking on their career journey.
We hope the Management Gateway is a useful reference point for understanding how you can remain part of SUMS' ongoing activities. You can find more details about Management School activities below and the wider alumni service at the University here.