Where: United Kingdom
Deadline: February 28, 2020
Type: Placement Year
About the company:
Nintendo is an industry leader in entertainment and video games. We have created some of the best known and top selling video game franchises of all time, including Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Pokémon. All of which can be played on our great hardware – the original Nintendo Switch and the newly released Switch Lite, dedicated to handheld play.
About the role:
The retail sales & marketing team oversees all Nintendo marketing & commercial activity within our retail partners, including Amazon, GAME, Argos, Smyths Toys and many more.
The marketing team are responsible for how our products show up across retail websites, their social media, communication materials in stores, training store staff and retailer events. The sales part of the team lead the commercial relationships with the above retailer partners, ensuring the day to day running of each account.
As the retail sales & marketing intern, every day is different as your role will involve many tasks across the retail customer journey. These will include:
• Providing content, monitoring execution and tracking compliance for retailer websites and social media
• Managing all our assets and distributing them to our retailers, ensuring how they use them adheres to Nintendo’s brand guidelines
• Working with creative and print agencies to produce marketing materials. This could be anything from online hubs to point of sale materials or staff training documentation
• Managing store staff events where we showcase upcoming games
• Building presentations and reports
• Analysing marketing campaigns and understanding the impact on sales
• Owning Nintendo UK new release pre order data & presenting back to Sales team weekly
• Managing retailer TV tagging schedule alongside consumer marketing team
• Creation of new product forms for new hardware, software & accessories
• Maintenance of internal sales tracker
• Analysing retailer data and drawing insights
In your role you will also work closely with the whole of Nintendo UK including consumer marketing, operations, finance and after sales gaining valuable exposure to how the whole business runs.
• Basic understanding of the principles of Marketing and Sales
• Keen interest and knowledge of retail
• Well organised and able to manage multiple tasks at any one time
• Strong time management and able to stick to deadlines even with multiple tasks on your list
• Pro-active attitude and initiative
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to think analytically and easily identify problems
• Adapt and change quickly when necessary
• Effective and active listening skills
• Creative mindset, willing to innovate
• Learning and improvement mindset
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate as part of a team
• Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
• Genuine interest in video games (especially in Nintendo)
All applicants must be currently in full-time education, preferably in Marketing, Business Studies or Advertising and looking
for an internship as part of a degree programme
How to apply:
Click here to apply for this role. (Reference ID: D2WG4).