Deadline: November 29, 2019
About the Company:
- Our client is a long established, partner-run and hugely successful Investment Management firm based in the heart of Edinburgh.
- The company has over 100 years of experience and assets under management exceeding £100bn.
- Their approach to research, their determination to always look to the long term and their culture drives their success.
- For them, it’s not about looking for graduates from a particular degree - instead, they look for inquisitive thinkers with an alternative view on things, who have the vision to see what the future could look like.
About the Role:
- As a graduate trainee, 80% of your time is spent researching.
- You will be collecting information to create your own unique viewpoint, helping you to spot investment opportunities.
- Identifying and understanding the evolution of corporate culture as well as industry and societal trends will require creativity and skill.
- The ability to explore politics, socio-economic conditions and current affairs is crucial and, whilst it can be challenging, it is also incredibly intellectually rewarding.
- Within the first few months you will work with people from all levels of the business, from previous graduates, all the way up to partners in the firm.
- Excellent written and communication skills are key as you will regularly write up your findings and present them to your team.
- An outstanding academic track record is crucial, including being on track to receive at least a 2:1 in ANY degree subject.
- Arts, humanities, STEM and postgraduate (masters or PhD) students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- This industry leader needs independent thinkers who are open-mindedly curious, interesting, enthusiastic, and questioning.
- They are seeking resilient individuals to whom research comes naturally. You must be able to cope with uncertainty.
- They are looking for brains and analytics, rather than financial experience or knowledge, so excellent candidates from any academic discipline should apply.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply please visit Career Connect and search Reference ID 'N4L34'