Where: New York, USA
Deadline: June 30, 2020
About the company
Morgan Stanley mobilizes capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals. For over 75 years, the firm’s reputation for using innovative thinking to solve complex problems has been well earned and rarely matched. A consistent industry leader throughout decades of dramatic change in modern finance, Morgan Stanley will continue to break new ground in advising, serving and providing new opportunities for its clients.
About the role
The BRM Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program, beginning with one week of classroom training followed by nine weeks of rotations across the BRM business. Summer Analysts will rotate through our Equity Securities Lending, Fixed Income Repo Trading, Derivatives XVA Trading and Clearing and Collateral Strategy & Optimization (CCSO) areas. The Program features a senior management speaker series, networking events, community service, a performance review and a mentorship program. Summer Analysts receive continued on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects. In addition to daily responsibilities on the sales and trading desks, Summer Analysts will be assigned a summer-long project, which is presented to management at the end of the summer.
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it is like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley. BRM Summer Analysts then attend Sales and Trading division-specific training, accompanied by an additional BRM-focused training day, teaching them core skills essential for a successful summer. The curriculum includes daily market updates, business-specific overviews and basic product and technical training.
• Currently a Rising Junior, pursuing a Bachelors’ degree (BSc or BA); all concentrations are accepted, though demonstrated basic knowledge and keen interest in financial services is required.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
• Self-motivated with high personal standards for quality of work; commitment to excellence and integrity.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports.
• Strong, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and understand business processes that may not be familiar.
• Eager to learn and excited for new challenges; ability to absorb new information and adept at managing high-priority deliverables in a fast-paced, high energy level environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced quantitative skills.
How to apply
Click here to apply.