Where: United Kingdom
Deadline: February 28, 2020
Type: Placement Year
About the company:
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented individual to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Business Placement Programme. You will work within our Communications team, starting in July 2020.
To provide Communication support cover for Actuation Systems Wolverhampton Communications and Engagement function. Working closely with the Communications Lead in ensuring full support is given to communications and engagement initiatives. It is an exciting time to be joining the Communications function, as we continue to develop new digital communications alongside more traditional channels to promote the news, views and achievements of our 1,000 plus workforce.
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Duties:
• Demonstrates a passion for hands on engineering
• Works collaboratively and effectively with others
• Pro-active self-starter with a desire to succeed
• Enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative
• Shows awareness of the importance of meeting customer deliverables
• Be able to share learning and best practice with others
• Shows an appreciation of the benefits of workplace diversity
• Demonstrable problem solving abilities
• Shows aptitude for creative thinking
• Forward thinking with an awareness of technological advances
• Ensure behaviours are in line with the Collins Four Gears operating principles
• Communicates with mutual trust and respect
• A desire to inspire future generations of engineers
• Demonstrates awareness of the importance of environmental health and safety standards
• Demonstrates an awareness of lean manufacturing / continuous improvement techniques
• Strives for personal excellence when achieving objectives
• Ensures quality is paramount in all work and academic activities
How to apply:
Click here to apply for this role. (Reference ID: YLNLM).